Notice: Test mode is enabled. While in test mode no live donations are processed.
1. Handevat Music introduces our young people to the joy of making music and making music together! They start with instruments like recorder, marimbas and singing. In time the learners move to orchestral instruments like strings (violin and cello). They also have the opportunity to learn music skills (theory).
2. Through participation in music activities we aim to develop kids holistically. We want to contribute to a higher sense of self worth and purpose, new and enhanced abilities, and better scholastic skills – through the discipline, concentration, coordination and commitment that music making requires and teaches.
3. Developing their capabilities opens new possibilities for the young people. This broadens the horizons of children who through limited resources have few recreational, creative and career options.
4. We meet with the parents at least quarterly to develop relationships, to share our vision, and by involving them in their children’s activities we aim to support parenting skills. Our aim is for the parents to be not only actively supportive of the musical training of their children but also involved in the development of those abilities which the musical training stimulates (e.g. discipline, concentration, commitment, co-operation, co-ordination, responsibility, respect for each other and each other’s abilities, etc).
5. Handevat Music reaches out to communities through community workshops, concerts and the newly formed Overberg Orchestra.
6.The close contact that musical training implies creates opportunities to educate children about themselves, self image, health, dental care, etc.
7. The Handevat Project seeks to provide financial support as needed: for instruments, repair instruments, lesson fees, school, hostel and other fees.