The basic setup of an instrument regulation of fine details makes it easy to play or learn on and sound its best. If these things are poorly done or not at all, then your playing experience will be compromised if not outright impossible. Read more about setup in Violin explained for deeper understanding.
We setup all string instruments. The work done on cheap Chinese and master made instruments is the same. Only your choice of fittings and strings may differ:
- Setup with original factory fittings and strings is the cheaper option for those who wish to improve their playing experience. Waiting to see if your child is committed to learning before toy spend on better strings and fittings is possible. However, a better set of quality strings makes a big difference to any strings that come with an instrument from china.
- Setup with better strings and the necessary fittings is the better of the options. The fittings that we choose and use in our work are all A grade woods and help with better sound.
The typical time needed for a first time setup depends on the instrument type and purchased quality.
- Violins and Violas usually take 6 hours.
- Celli (plural for cellos) need 10 hours.
- Basses, being far bigger and harder to work on to get a good sound, take 12 hours.
Client reviews below will give a better idea about other people’s experience after their instrument was setup and regulated for a “perfect playing” instrument.
We arrange collection and delivery for those of you who are far from Johannesburg. Once we have the instrument, then only will we be able to settle on a final quote.