– I am generally known as being a supporter of synthetic core strings. So the question that arose was why did we spend so much time and effort developing a violin metal core A string?
– There is a bit of an issue with making violin string sets. The E string cannot be synthetic, and so a plain or wound metal wire E is commonly used. There is always a bit of a problem with the compatibility of the metal soprano range E string with the alto range (G, D and A strings). String makers obviously aim to achieve a seamless change between the soprano and alto ranges, however a slight difference is always heard.
– I was particularly influenced by the Soviet and Russian school and playing style during my studies, and used a metal core ‘A’ during that time. Many of my Russian violinist friends preferred to have the soprano-alto ‘break’ between the A and the D strings instead of between the E and the A strings.
– Later I switched to using gut and synthetic A strings, but learned that some instruments just wouldn’t work well with any kind of gut or synthetic core A string. Some instruments always had a problem with their response and playability if a synthetic or gut ‘A’ was fitted.
– This is why I always wanted to make a metal core A string which had a trouble-free response, but which had the tonal character of a synthetic or gut string. I aimed to create a metal A which would sound warm even under maximum bow pressure. Developing our new metal A string took longer than I expected, but we have now successfully created a string which gives an unmatched response with a warm tone.
– The Russian Style violin A string gives you a seamless and mellow switch between the alto and soprano registers, excellent response and incredible durability. I believe that you will enjoy it.
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 1 cm|
Returns and ExchangesThere are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to UsFirstly Print and return this Returns Form to: 30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements. For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.
|Product No.||Note||Core||Winding Materials|