The basic setup of an instrument covers a few detailed items that need to be seen to before a stringed instrument is easy to play or learn on. If these things are not done well then your playing experience becomes hard and in our view futile. Read more about setup parameters in our blog to understand the detail better.
We have decided on two main setup services for Chinese made factory instruments to start with. The work done in each is the same but the added fittings and strings differ:
- Setup with original factory fittings and strings is the cheaper option for those who wish to ease the experience but wish to wait with the added cost of better strings and fittings until you know if lad or lass is committed.
- Setup with better strings and fittings is the better of the two because the original strings that come from China are mostly best for cutting cheese. The fittings used here are all A grade woods and help with the sound ass well.
Once you have selected the type of setup details that you wish for we arrange for a courier to collect it from you, get it done with finesse and send it back to you to have a sound playing experience.
ECPO Strings Repair Workshop – PE, Juan's Violin – BFN, Svend's Violin – JNB
Cello, Double Bass, Viola, Violin
No thanks, Please just do the setup for now., Yes please, Put good strings and fittings on.
The lead time is based on studio schedules, courier time frames and availability of strings and fittings. We will get it done soonest for you:)
Type of instrument determines the size thus the cost calculated using the best case average scenario, even if it takes us longer.
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
11 Hannibal Street, Kensington, Johannesburg, 2098
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.